Immediate Job Opening
Applications Lab Technician
Quanta BioDesign is a research and manufacturing company committed to the development of a full range of discrete polyethylene glycol (dPEG®) PEGylation reagents for applications in diagnostics, therapeutics, peptide synthesis, oligonucleotide synthesis, and nanotechnology. For all Applications Lab Technicians, it is important to participate in the overall environment and thought process of the dPEG®– based chemistry product development and manufacturing, as well as the applied bioconjugation products we are developing here. The primary focus of this position is to support the experimental design process, execute the protocols, and perform QA/QC testing.
- A theoretical and practical knowledge of general chemistry, organic chemistry and biology principals. A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Chemistry and/ or Biological Science disciplines with laboratory experience required.
- A reasonable understanding of and experience with immune-based detection assays including western blotting, immunohistochemistry, ELISA and flow cytometry
- Experience or strong understanding of bioconjugation principals and techniques
- Able to work as a vital part of a team by working collaboratively and communicating effectively with other colleagues in the Applications Lab and within the company
- Work in a manner consistent with Good Laboratory Practices and adhering to Safety, Environmental, and Chemical Hygiene Plans
- Understand the basic operating principles for labeling and bioconjugation with dPEG®-based products.
- Perform labeling and bioconjugation reactions following either protocols in development or standard operating procedures precisely.
- Learn and implement methods for the assessment of the test conjugates predominantly using ELISA / FLISA and western blotting techniques for both chemiluminescent and fluorescent based detection systems.
- Record all procedures and data in electronic laboratory notebooks in a manner sufficient to allow others to reproduce.
- Analysis and compilation of results to prepare Certificates of Analysis and supporting data packages for products. Presentations of results for discussion both within the team and between extramural collaborative teams is expected.
- Daily tasks include sample preparation, buffer preparation, experiment execution, analyzing data, and accurately maintaining records. All scientists participate in general lab maintenance including the washing of dishes, maintaining laboratory equipment, and supporting a clean, safe workspace.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with company match, and PTO.
Please send resume to email@example.com
No Phone Calls Please.